Monday 24 April 2006

Between 1980 and 1982...


...more often than not, I would wake up to the U.K. Theme of Radio 4, follow on with Down Your Way and end the day with The Shipping Forecast and A Book at Bedtime

The theme was a good way to begin the day, After it ended I would head out to Camberwell New Road to pick up The Guardian then head back for coffee and a good read.

I would then be ready to start one of my many student discounted British Rail awaydays

Tuning into Radio 4 to catch up on
The Archers
– the omnibus edition – I saw that last Sunday was the last day that the U.K Theme would start the Radio 4 day. it seems that the time will be better spent starting ten minutes earlier with a reading of the news.

It was only five minutes but did signal a new day but air time as with real life time is expensive and cannot be wasted on trivialities.

No comments: