Tuesday 29 March 2005

So I am now relieved. It seems that the film purchase will be fine and thus the closing of options is a good thing – so far. Thursday road around the stateline area with the Hobo making photographs with the arista.edu sheet film. Friday I headed to school to develop it and except for having to remember to be more careful in the handling, a few scratches along one edge everything was fine. I have the development time down and, from the argyrotypes made from the negs later in the day, the film will be fine for this summer.

The film base stains more than what I am used, I realised that from using the roll film version of arista.edu last summer so far I have only made inkjet prints from those negs – that I can remember.

Now the only real problem financially is finding a u.v. printer and the shipping of the cameras. I think that I am going to have simply give up the myth of travelling simply with only overhead baggage and pack a suitcase to be checked. Of course I’d still like to drive

No comments: