Friday 4 August 2006

Two blocks from...

this snap, while wandering over to make a drop at a hypercaffeinated friend’s in Wicker Park – I wander the alleys of Bucktown/Wicker Park hoping that they would be interesting enough for some Chi-town formalism, they aren’t but that is another entry – I am changing film as this bloke, having just seen his beemer driving wife off from their three car garage with the prerequisite basketball hoop over the cream city brick just below the garage level deck – where are all these white basketball players – sees me change film curse Ubaldo as the repair at International Camera wasn’t made, and attempt to make a snap with all the satellite dishes, fences, and the cables they must sweep the alley I have never seen one this clean. He trying to be nonchalant takes out the basketball and attempts a few hoops – blowing one of my potential photographs. As I pass
- hello
- hi
- what are you doing?
- making photographs
I walk on imaging what of his possessions he’d try to save when I come back after the scoping the place out and how he wished he had moved to that gated community rather than live in the “grit” of the North West side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the gentry.

Karen said...

Are you on the Newfoundland blogroll?

http://nlblogroll.blogspot.com/

mendacious said...

i hope you got some good stuff- hopefully things you can sell or hang onto for later- post apocalypse and what not.