Sunday 4 November 2007

The equipment malfunction this summer while disheartening, should have been expected. I feel that every time I press the shutter I then hope that nothing has gone wrong with one of he “boys”.

Ubaldo sometimes wants to freeze up on a long shutter speed – had it fixed supposedly when I turned in the lens that froze up at “Aimée and Steven’s” wedding.

IT wasn’t.

Ziquinho seems fine after the repair after the drop at Noelle’s and Tim’s nuptials. It was strange having to give an extra yank on the lens each time I made a snap.

Joãozão with the taped up bellows and having to refocus every time I wind on and now refusing to work in winter has me squimish when I even think about an exposure. It is still my favourite camera, it fits my mentality of annotating perfectly and thus I think is tantamount to me seeing so well on Wednesday.

It goes on but in this period of lethargy on my part, while I haven’t been able to produce, I have at least, fixed the most glaring problems. Bought light baffles for the magazine for Ubirajara, relegated Ubaldo to a back up role and making sure that I develop my film every six rolls so that if there is a mishap it won’t be major.

Contradicting a bit my last entry I do like the fact that I use cameras that predate the digital, that I am not forced to upgrade every two years and that when they do have equipment malfunctions, they are worth fixing – well maybe not Joãozão – and some I can fix myself.

No comments: