Thursday 1 November 2007

Tuesday...

One of those days that are becoming more common with global warming – sunny, mid 20C, clear sky - I know that I should be using this day as even with the trend of the tropics racing to the Arctic Circle a day like this may be rare until spring.

AS the day gets warmer I start to panic. I try to sift through the outings I want to pursue
– The motels along Sheridan Road in Somers – too far and will have to drive.
– Old Skokie Boulevard in Park City where the car dealerships used to be before they moved into Gurnee – same.
– Urban formalism along Roosevelt Road in Kenosha. I keep saying that I should explore the city in fact it isn’t rational why I don’t as it seems to have a lot of what I am looking for with the exception of interesting walks.
– A county park to walk unfocused - which one?
– Head out to the Rock River Valley – if Somers just five miles up the road is too far…

Then I cannot even decide which one of the “boys” to take,

In the end I go to the post office and off to Hobby Lobby to buy book board and console myself by leaving the back door open.

Wednesday
Have to be at Aron Packer Gallery as he has graciously agreed to talk to the class and answer whatever questions they have. I reckon that I’ll give myself an hour for the 20 minute walk. Curse that the back is still too heavy even though I leave the laptop and magazines in my locker – I think this is reason that my knees are in constant pain – dread what would happen if I couldn’t wander.

Joãozão is in the bag although I had been using one of the leiquinhas when in the city and have nothing planned. It has worked made a few snaps this way but am impatient to see what I have made.

A roll taken on the way over and another on the way back via a great diversion to Paper Source for book cloth- which they don’t have – they don’t have much now that they are more of a wedding shop than a paper shop - but Pearl did.

One near miss as I am about to photograph some clothing left ono a construction site. As I am extending Joãzão the person comes and gathers them.

Walk the alleys back to school making more snaps with ease along the way.

Once again I proved to myself that it really doesn’t matter what I have I simply have to get out.

I am equally sure that I will forget this completely on the commute back to Peasants Pissoir and will have to relearn it the next time I head out.

No comments: