Sunday 10 September 2006



Even though I knew that it was coming, Enright waxing nostalgic about his summer sojourn on the Bonavista, opening the new season of the Sunday Edition, it didn’t help my more than a year absence from the rock.

I had already started a strategy that will help me through the term. The various stimuli range from the overtly sentimental – listening to The Ode, television adverts for the province and the Nissan Bonavista on youtube to heading over to the Can Lit section of my bookshelf and playing book tag.

It started with Michael Winter’s This All Happened, and was going to continue with the new Lisa Moore novel but am going to continue with Winter's The Big Why before moving on through the Ship Inn writer’s mafia.

I do intend to continue with Moore, Michael Crummey and end up with Wayne Johnston’s latest – hope it is better than the Navigator of New York – hoping that it will be out in paperback by then. By then new links will appear and I’ll be carried on until he experience is firsthand.

The habit doesn’t break me – thanks to addall.com, the only rules are that I don’t buy hardcover as they are too heavy and awkward to carry with all the new technologies that I have to tote back and forth to school.

I only buy the next book when I have finished the one that I am reading.

The last is no books set in pre confederation Newfoundland – which may kill the Johnston book.

No comments: