Wednesday 25 October 2006

It’s hard

Not the withdrawal from writing the entries but the new old way of working. It is 21:30, I am the train back to Winthrop Harbour. I have time to write this so that when finally arrive home I can upload it to blogger and voilà! Fifteen minutes later I can be asleep assured of a good four hours before heading back into school.

The entry will be there awaiting mendacious comments about the pure life. I can wonder who is reading it and go about packing for to-morrow.

It is hard because while I am writing I could still be writing it on the ride home, I haven’t made the image, and while I have stamps, I still have to print out the message and the address labels. I had forgot how easy things become with command “c” and command “v”.

I forgot about the cost.

I am frantic that it has been a week and I haven’t been able to get anything out in the post. It seems that at one time all of this was second nature and I could whip things out quicker than one could say live journal. It seems that I have to get into that rhythm again. while I was complaining on how long the entries where now I cannot fill a standard 7x5inch card.

I am soldering on though, driven by the idea of relative selectivity, form liking the fact that the entry has actually existed and is passing though time and all will arrive in different states with different histories depending on how much care the various post offices will afford it along its way. I like that it is forcing me back into the darkroom to give a longer deeper look at the snaps chosen as I will have to make quite a few of them.

No comments: