Tuesday 26 July 2005

TOURING THE AVALON...well Cape St. Francis


St John’s was strange. It was the first time in a long that I had been on the Avalon and not had a place to call my own for the time there. Likewise all of a sudden I turned into a tour guide having to show Kendra all the salient points from Cape Spear to Cape St. Francis where the road had become even worse.

It was also the idea of picking up provisions to move on which threw me off. I was coming into the big city to buy food and goods to take back home.

Ate breakfast with Jim at the Bagel so I got my samosa breakfast and saw who was still there. headed over to the store to look at what was upstairs, check my film and e-mail before heading out.

Kendra got the idea of making books so we also hit the Future Shop to buy an inkjet printer and inks, paper – can you figure out what is missing? – check to-morrow. Over to the new Michael’s – sometimes St. John’s worries me – the Stavenger Drive area now is all big boxes working as the eastern bookend for the same shops just west of Mount Pearl. Mount Pearl deserves them St. John’s no.

Over to M Francis Kelly for bookbinding tape, and Kendra’s first Avalon sticker shock, it was a substitute that had to work as it was the only thing available.

Spat at The Rooms.


While in Pouch tried to find Sam Newell to give him the posters I made of him saw Jordy who still didn’t get his book asked him about the skater picture – he knew no one.

Lunch at the old Pasta Plus with an over zealous waitress, then off to Cape Spear where while going Kendra got a phone call from her father. I was hoping that it would make it to Cape Spear as in my constant searching for milestones it would seem that phoning from the edge of North America would be somehow significant. Of course she lost the signal at Blackhead Village.




Back to gather what we needed for the evening in Pouch – meaning cameras and more cameras – and the ride out.

No comments: