Sunday 5 November 2006

Later that same evening…




Another missive from the alcoholic in training with a link to a myspace site for godslastname. Link to it as I am curious and because what little I have had to do with myspace has baffled me as again it seems to be made for the a.d.d. cyberspace.

Imagine my surprise when I see two of my snaps next to the downloads for two songs.

I am supposed to be outraged but I slip into third person mode and want to do some sluthing. Also due to the condescension of Schneider I like how the world seems to go through Pouch. The band say there are from pouch, but none of them look familiar. They don’t even look like the lads of summer who are up there when the residency is in full swing.

The picture behind doctor looks familiar sort. could that be Martin and Gabrielle’s place? Read their bios and they are Upper Canadians from T.O who came to the rock via Kingman’s Cove.

OK there are six houses in Kingman’s I know two of them and they don’t look like the people the Tibbos would hang out with.

But Hansen would, he is from Toronto, likes music – jazz more his style and Mike has a link to Pouch as the only person I know who has skied Cape St. Francis – he was also the first person I met when I first did the residency in 1999.

Knowing Hansen and moving up to Pouch means that only one person could be involved and yes it ended back where it started with my evil twin, who came up with the name, put them up at the pipe house and wrote one of the songs. Love it when this happens, these tenuous links to the rest of the world.

No comments: