Wednesday 29 November 2006

Out of sync

The Yanksgiving holiday has always been a time when I can get a lot of work done. With the added days off, I can multitask at will and have a preview of my working method when I can over look the North Atlantic each evening. I had made all the preparations, laid out the book of wander dealing with the Boston States. With my new prowess with black and white inkjet printing had a book of stasis ready to go along with a series of people made with the 10x8 that I couldn’t make into postcards as I didn’t know how to make a decent black and white inkjet, the negs scanned awaiting Thursday. I was also going to use the time off to try to catch up in the darkroom. I was focused. I knew what I wanted to print. I was chomping at the bit for class to end on Wednesday so that I could get started.

Ah but the week before I was making up for the time in New England and had forgot to place some orders – well every order. I had no inkjet paper for either book, no paper for the postcards portraits, no black and white photographic paper. I sat I paced. I became more frustrated as this week I am heading to Balamer – and the Ram’s Head in Annapolis but no further south heard tell that people on the other side of the Potomac can me mighty inhospitable – with all those boxes unopened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our last houseguest is fertilizing my garden...

rc-d said...

actively or passively?

Anonymous said...

...is that a trick question?

I generally live by the principle "one does not dig a hole without the intention to fill it."