Friday 6 April 2007

Security breach.


It seems that I unwittingly came across an area of importance in this country’s war against terrorism as I was making this photograph in Janesville – I won’t mention the location as one is never sure who is reading this and would hate to have the information fall into the wrong hands.

I had just left Traxler Park heading downtown when an inordinately long train went by and stopped over the Rock River. Don’t know why I stopped in Main Street just North West of Centerway Street by the ice machine depot to make a snap. Cannot even remember why I made it as I see nothing worthy of the stop now except maybe nostalgia as it was a Santa Fé wagon – the railway company was Canadian now.

While trying to make something interesting out of something boring, a car slowed, a pick- up stopped and did a u turn headed back toward Traxler Park made another u turn and waited about 50 metres behind me. Done I hopped back in the machine – with that strange flag on the back – when another car came by made a u turn and stopped beside me.

- you look familiar do I know you?
- Don’t think so.
- Is your name george?
- Nope
- Oh
- Inshallah
He drives off. The pick-up starts to tail me. I head downtown. He turns right to go over the Rock.

Janesville’s alert is raised to orange.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this another fictitious tale? I am starting to wonder about you RC-D and your so called experiences...I am not sure just how gullible puravida is feeling today.

Is the questionable "snap" the one pictured in the post?

Why would you be George?

rc-d said...

i am surprised that someone as intelligent and insightful as you - afterall you did make it into your second year as an mfa candidate after graduating from the worlds greatest artschool didn't you - would not realise that all fools day is over - for a week now - thus like THE guardian the only errors now are in syntax and spelling.

Anonymous said...

Lets just say that the royal we is still shaken...one day is not enough of a cloak for your love of messing.

Don't talk too loud about being a second year, it has not happened yet.

Anonymous said...

Of course this is Janesville and of course this is the spot this person is talking about. It is obvious that you never set foot in the city or you would recognized the street, and the cow and you wouldn't have called the old Oasis Restaurant out on Milton Road and other places there boring

Anonymous said...

I only called the images boring cause I knew if I took a photo of these spaces it would look horrible, and as we know Clarke is amazing at calling ones attention to little details that someone like me would step on...so it was really a nice thing (and a joke) that I was trying to say to my old mentor...

And, for myself, I never set foot outside California, something about places without hummers that I just can't stand. They lack...power.

Anonymous said...

this looks identical to the street i used to walk to recieve my food stamp benefits...

Anna P. said...

Oh, sorry I was just trying to make a really big red dot on your map.

rc-d said...

keep trying...

Anna P. said...

The dot is clearly bigger. I upgraded your dot...giving the illusion of a huge following in central Europe. I hope your multiple personalities are happy...or at least one of the three are.

rc-d said...

only three?

Anna P. said...

Alright, the three most chatty ones