Monday 7 May 2007

The MFA/4H Fair this year is certainly going to be an anticlimax as once again I have to head over there for crit week – the crits are happening before the show actually opens.

This time I don’t even think, I pick up Joãozão, 10 rolls of film and head west when I get down from the train. Back to the way it used to be one camera – pretty trusting considering how rickety Joãozão has become – limiting non-productive options.

I wander. I try to wander streets that I usually don’t go down, but again try to choose those that seem rife with potential. I went from areas with people heading someplace else to begin their day through areas empty, to an area where the day was well underway.

I did try to get past the area that I had parked when I had to head out to the western suburbs. Having time to kill I did venture down cul de sacs. I tended to stay away from the main drags and the meat packers. Away from the Starbucks but wandering the mix of rotting meat with exposed wood loft condos.

Don’t remember much in particular, simply swarving, gawking and skitching taking the longest way possible to the fair grounds. . The darkest roasted largest sized black coffee at the Morgan Street Café to fine tune my shakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this narrative style of post, stories that don't lead up to something, they just sort of meander the way one might imagine you do. The words work well with the process I am picturing in my head.

rc-d said...

what do you expect from a lowly skitcher/flâneur - if i can mix languages.

it should have been a post card but am financially challenged at present.

Anonymous said...

I am financially challenged all the time...