Tuesday 27 March 2007

53545/6/7


For a few days now I haven’t been able to get a decent platinotype – the skies are streaky which I am sure is the paper. It was a new batch but I haven’t had this problem before. For the last few days I have been trying to change everything - except paper - to rectify it and nothing has worked. The frustration and impatience is having me waste more paper and chemicals so I went to Janesville.

I went knowing that the open flatness between Delavan and the Rock River Valley would calm me.

I went to see former monuments and was too late. One where I would make kami-kase runs when I didn’t have to as the object of the runs was in the South Pacific, has become a McMansion and the other - THE JANESVILLE OASIS - will be a Menards. I went to and to photograph a pathetic wooden swan float in Traxler Park that I would pass heading over to see someone who didn’t listen and decided to take the photography position at Beloit College – two years of her life wasted dealing with a milquetoast designer who sees himself as an artist and a tight sphinctered art history teacher who is the queen of political correctness. The swan also disappeared.

Stopping along US 14 at Carver’s Rock Road calmed, I stopped to make a snap of farm equipment for sale.

I had brought the wrong camera.
this should be preserved as a rock river woodhenge

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking from the perspective of a filmmaker, I would say about these images; you make boring things look good. (I have been at school way too much this week)

rc-d said...

puxa vida i want to make good things look boring.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should really be making films then, humm?

rc-d said...

just returned from a studio visit with a filmmaker whose background alternated between real and drawn image as if it were a linen curtain - wondered if she was really a fibroid.