Friday 16 March 2007

Cannot get back to the flow that I had before we enter into finding playmates for our first year grads.

I was proud how I didn’t procrastinate and got down to working for the show this July, that what I had set out for myself was manageable. Fridays since few grads met me at on my official day, I would scan the 10x8 negs. Over the week-end I would work on making them look presentable – spotting, mainly. I would also print the postcards for the week. Mondays and Tuesdays were spent sending off the cards. Wednesday at school I would head over to the Service Bureau turn in my image to be printed. Thursday I would head back over and look at the test strip and wait until the next week to pick up the image and start the process again.

I was up to two images a week this way and even had leeway. If I couldn’t get there by Wednesday, then Thursday would still mean getting the image back by the next Wednesday.

It looked like the show would be printed in the time I had allotted by the end of term.

Then school impinged. Well not school, school’s sundries. The picking of the grads, threw off my advising sessions, which threw off when I could scan and get over to the service bureau. I was turning images in on Friday, which meant I couldn’t see the test strips until Wednesday, which meant not getting the final print until the next Wednesday. Every time I have tried to get back to the old work timetable something has come up which is still a remnant of choosing grads. It has been three weeks since I have picked up anything and all of a sudden I am behind schedule. I have even forgot which images I have already made and fear that I am going to repeat one.

This week won’t help, as it is Spring Break at the WGAS. We call it Spring Break I don’t know what you call the school’s version of leap year where we make a correction for starting classes for the term on a Thursday but still managing to end them on a Monday. The break is three days. I won’t be able to get back on schedule this week.

So like most undergrads, I am hoping to get everything together for the final push. I have revised my schedule, and am ready for some serious cramming.

No comments: