Thursday 11 August 2005

MAYBE I SHOULD CALL IT THE BONNE BAY BULLETIN


Now I have to be more careful here in the journal, as I found out that it seems that it is replacing the HUMBER LOG with the morning crowd down at the 3T’s. Last evening at the going away party/show for Kendra at the Seabreeze, Helen - I am sure she will correct me if this is incorrect - said how much she liked the entries.

Surprise. Bafflement. Horror. That was the order of emotions. How did they find out about it. I know that Joe Dunphy’s friend read it as it was passed on but he lives in Corner Brook far enough away not to have to worry,

Bafflement as I thought that writing an online journal would be the equivalent of throwing a bottle into the ocean.

Horror, as I racked my brain to try to remember what I had said. One woman said that she passed and did the Newfoundland nod to see if she would get one in return. Another asked if Kool was my daughter. One was going to give me a list of things that I got wrong – it is Shelley, I had already changed Granite City to Granite Coffee but now knowing that I have a bevy of proofreaders within sight of the duplex.


It seems that Sheena was the one who happened upon the site – damn her – because of this my head will be bobbling more than ever and will have corrections come racing in.

Am editing what I was going to enter for yesterday making sure that there will be glowing adjectives for the good people of Bonne Bay.

By the way don’t worry about reading about what was said yesterday at the club. I have the hearing that would rival that of a Trout River bartender at the Seabreeze.

No comments: