Thursday 18 August 2005

So I am walking in Curzon Village - cannot remember why. I had gone up the hill to the sports arena and photographed the two hockey goals outside, walked through the cemetery, documented some wood piles and tried to find – Paul’s house. But now I was in Curzon Village when up to a pick-up comes Clyde Rose we greet, introduces me to his brother up from the Boston States and says to come over at four and bring Kendra.

The day between then and four was spent wandering – had to race back to the house on the early ramble as my paper was through hydrating – Curzon Village again to see where Marilyn lived out past Robert’s place on toward Summer House Cove.

Then we had a wander along the rooms on Bonne Bay before a couple of drinks at the Seabreeze and a discussion about the dance that evening over in Trout River.

There was a debate on whether to go as it seems that there was a fight at the Rusty Jigger the night before. Most of us were oblivious but Shelly said to Elaine let’s get out of here as the RCMP were called.

Ah good times… good times.

Everyone was knackered since we didn’t get back to Bonne Bay until 3:30 and the non CFA’s had to work the next morning

Clyde was driving up as we made it there. Met Max again and Max’s grandson also up from the Boston States. They were on the beach that morning picking up driftwood so that Clyde could decorate his deck.

The house is great, a saltbox that was launched from Glenburnie, owned by someone of renown of the time. dragged up the hill from the bay by Marilyn’s grandfather. Once again I noticed the attachment of everyone to everyone else and now like that sense of bonding that is here.

The house was nice in size small rooms lots of light, view to the bay but not from the sunroom or the deck. It is nice a private.

People kept coming, Lou and Maisie, Joyce, a friend sang a lovely song. Anecdotes were told and of course photographs made. Some of the driftwood was rearranged by Kendra – maestra of signs – to spell out CLYDE.

A moveable evening as we were invited over to Lou and Maisie’s for supper. Fish cakes cole slaw and baked beans.

I was feeling antsy as I wanted to work, my work ethic had been suffering due to the activities at the Discovery Centre and knowing full well that the last week would be difficult. I wanted to get back into the routine of going home developing a batch of film, heading to the club for a couple of Labatt’s then back for round two. I wanted to make more prints so that I could have a selection for Martin and Gabrielle. This time it would be called either THREE IMPORTS or FOUR IMPORTS.

I get nervous and moody when I cannot make work and it had been a long time. Top that off with a bout of social ineptness and I wanted to head back and print.

Clyde was smitten by Kendra – showing her the Maisie’s boat house, along with three bottles of wine, sitting beside her at dinner and inviting her to the bonfire in the pit in Glenburnie. She, however, also wanted to go back and hang out at the Seabreeze.

Departed but too late for me to pick up water in town to develop the film, still wasn’t used to the relatively early closing of the shops of Bonne Bay, I also wasn’t use to the late opening on Sunday.

No comments: