Saturday 30 June 2007

Townie life ah wait!

Apparently hyperactive photographers can function on no sleep. Waking at 8am after two hours sleep, I was ready to deepen my townie ties by again heading down to Auntie Crae’s for my morning coffee and the Globe. Colder than yesterday, nevertheless I was determined to sit out in Water Street.

Auntie Crae’s gets a diverse clientele, the shop keepers along Water Street, the pram pushing, wish I were in T.O crowd and the odd tourist who seems lost but “this place seems nice”.

It was moving out day. Since the Swiss Cheesehead was going to help me with the hanging of the show in Pouch, I was going to give up the extra room in Pleasant Street.

The run along route 20 up and back for the belongings and to check on the prints after their odyssey from the Midwest.

A quick stop at Russ and Shirley’s to wish them a happy anniversary. It seems that they are still looking for a house for me to buy and if worse comes to worse I can buy theirs.

Oh no I said I tried that once before with a Langmead won’t do that again.

It seems that the Swiss Cheesehead has actually met the out of wedlock self-gratifier who bought Henry’s place and says he is creepy.

Then back to ease into a new work ethic and relax. With a ton of food, dinner is prepared – coconut vegetable curry over brown rice.

The phone rings – I knew that there was a reason for hating those contraptions – it is the person who rented the place saying that as he had stated a move was slated to Petty Harbour to-morrow until after Canada Day when we would then move back into the city. What time could the move take place?

-In the morning.
-Well it seems that there is a party of five moving in could it be this evening?
-Can we eat?

Food inhaled everything that was unpacked is repacked as it is townie to bayman in less than 90 minutes.

Driving up to the place a clank is heard and the is a definite loud noise coming from under the bonnet.

After the move in an attempt to calm nerves, head over to the convenience to buy some beer and sit out on the deck that overlooks the harbour and the ocean. It closed five minutes before I arrived.

Am hoping that these misconnects don’t become the theme of the stay.

No comments: