Tuesday 2 January 2007

36 hours

120 miles all told as I headed down to the Hinsdale Art Centre to drop off the prints. Since I had never seen the gallery and didn’t want my space to be too empty erred on the side of too many prints I thought – 16 in all telling the curator to edit at will and not to try to put them all in.

After the usury tolls on the Tri-State $1.60 for not 50 miles and it only that because I went around the $1.50 toll at the Wisconsin border and exited the tollway before yet another 80¢ toll snaking my way through Hinsdale proper, imagine my surprise when dropping off the work and again apologising for the amount due to ignorance, the director waved her arms saying that I was standing in the space.

The “space” is the entryway to the centre. It is the size of a small living room in a six flat. There is no wall without at least one door in it. By my reckoning considering, it is a group show – two others - I have 14 images too many.

I was offered announcment cards but thought ten people would fill the space. Took six.

I repeat the mantra – a line on the C.V, a line on the C.V., a line…

No comments: