Wednesday 17 January 2007

Snow


Not a blizzard but constant. That and the mauze had Shoe Cove disappear.

Sharon stopped by to borrow the tyre pump and a mug up. She gave me a couple of Reg’s prints.

Ventured out in the morning when it was still only –5C, up the hill to Elke’s to drop off some prints. Then down to the evil twin to transfer the images from the Pipe house brunch.

Looking out over the big sea, mentioned my feeling of cabin fever due to being a terminal Newfoundlander. When I was here longer days like this would have been a respite, a time to slow down and catch up, stare out at the ocean and realise how great this place is.

Leaving at the end of the week, I had things to do and was my south of the 49th antsy self.

Said I’d make dinner, and walking back surprisingly calmed down.

I had two books to make and letters to prepare, this would be the day to do it.

Drove the unploughed road back to the Pipe House with the food, a squash bake and a mushroom risotto – using Israeli cous cous instead of rice.

Leaving had flash backs to the time I stayed at the Pipe House as I couldn’t get the Volvo out of the driveway.

Forgot to start a fire in Sullivan’s Loop a mistake made manifest even more this morning with it a sunny 12 below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi it is me the one in jamaica...ny.
please tell what camera you are using for the color photos,...love

rc-d said...

the leiquinha