Tuesday 2 January 2007

I am taking…

Ziquinho. Even though he was dropped in San Fran, he is newer and Ubaldo still has exposure problems that International Camera cannot seem to solve. He will be the swarving camera.

Ubirajara due to the surprise ease I had with him in Bonne Bay – even with people – and the last time I was on the Avalon. He is coming along for the car rides around the Avalon and for a continuation of my Haven’t a Clue series this time in Cape St. Francis.

Both will have only wide angle lenses.

The Leiquinha – for real colour post cards of the rock – they will be developed at the Cabot Square Dominion using Photolab with a CD made for blog postings – if they still do film if not there is the Wal-Mart and Zellers next door. This worked well in 2002 when I would drop off my mother’s film heading back to pouch in the evening and pick them up heading in the next day. I am taking it because I have some 30 rolls of colour neg film to run through. Again the only lens will be a wide angle.

The Nikon 5400 digital for snaps – and because one has to have one to-day but can only really see myself using it for panoramas. The reaction time is too slow, I tend to have more blurry images with it. I prefer the Leiquinha and patience.

One type of film for each format – no unfortunate mistakes that happened at times in Bonne Bay when I thought the 400ISO was really 100ISO. Fuji Neopan 120 400 ISO. Konica Minolta 400 colour neg 35mm.

The Powerbook and a note book with my two Lami Safari fountain pens for postcards.

Surprisingly it all fits in the carry on luggage. With four lead line bags, and a box of Pyro I expect to spend some time at the security check point. No liquids though.

Granta Issue 95 for the flights and the waits in the airports anxiously viewing the weather in the North Atlantic.

No comments: