Tuesday 9 January 2007

By thy excrement I shall know thee.

I was going to walk with Russell to-day as I had complained that all the paths that I know are streams.

-I know the dry ones.

But I got up a bit late, it was raining and I decided not to push the lack of coffee.

IT was back to a typical mauzy day. No sun of which I was pretty happy - easier to meter and can photograph in all directions. It was also 11C. The wind was back but 11C.

Took the lads out with the idea of climbing one of the hills that I have not yet done in town and to make this a town walk dealing with the street furniture and the division of properties.

One thing led to another and there I was in Cape St. Francis wandering the ATV trails and making this a day of photographing wood piles with a touch of “

Again the idea is to go until I have to stop either due to the path disappearing or too much water. I ended up in a area that was being used for fire wood – trunks, fallen trees, piles of kindling, some motor oil for the saws, just before this I remarked that the day was quiet as I heard no chainsaws nor ATV’s.

Went from one to one and only stopped my forward progress when I started slipping more on moose shite than in water or mud. At one point it seemed that I had entered a moose outhouse from the quantities of piles.

Again while this would be a perfect time to do my Brothers Grimm like wood photographs, it seemed flip, Once again I was faced with either being disgusted by the wrecking of the environment or either go cold or depend on foreign oil. Of course I could have others burn the wood or coal for me thus not having to know about places like this.

I should buy an I CLUB BABY SEALS t-shirt

The clearings would barely hold a mcmansion but when I come across one it looks chaotic. I found a fitting counter point at the edge of the cape where a Langmead had a perfectly stacked log pile.

I thought about heading back into town but everytime I hit a path I would try it until I ran out. meaning a retracing of my steps. I ended up heading back to town and the roads that led to the woods and ponds away from the ocean until the rains came.

Made my quota for the first time which had me using the rain as an excuse for staying in and mixing the Pyro so that I could start to develop.

The rain didn’t let up so I made some samosas and ran them over to Baird so that I could borrow the inkjet printer.

- by the way what does the check engine light mean?
- check the engine.
- so it actually means something not like the no fuel light?

I ring TJ.
- the check engine light comes on should I worry?
- No.
- The machine also sputters…
- Well then bring her in.
- By the way do you have a machine that is a bit more dependable than my evil twin’s
- Not now but this weekend.
Head over to the Liquor Store in the Pouch Cove pharmacy to buy some Sleemans, to replace the bottles that I have had at the pipe house. The only house in Pouch with its “wine cellar” on a scaffolding over the North Atlantic.

Arriving home I found that the mouse has snacked on the samosa I left out. I could tell by the teeth marks and the mouse shite leading to the stove.

Does the five second rule apply or do I simply eat around it?

Dinner up the hill there will be some Upper Canadians who built a place up here. She’s a printmaker and seemed nice. He voted for Harper and would do so again even though he bemoaned the direction the States are heading thanks to Bush and admitted that Harper is not much better.

It was the same argument I heard when with the U.C’s, They love the place but, the people, he used Newfie more in 15 minutes than I had heard in all my time up here even with all the jokes at the Seabreeze and the Rusty Jigger. The like being here but prefer their own kind. The find the locals backward but "wonderful". Except for walking we had nothing in common. He was interested in geology but I don’t think he picked up any literature to read. She knew the artists he seemed oblivious. Am curious about their place.

Raced back to develop my first rolls when I remembered that I still didn’t have a small graduate.

At least the mouse left me something to snack on.

No comments: