Tuesday 30 January 2007

Above the 49th...

Two walks of a couple of hours each a day.
Five rolls of film a day
down from the 10 I planned for but never thought it would be that high. I lowered my expectations even more after all the mugs up during my walks in pouch and the siren call of the duke.
Spoke to at least a dozen people a day
Ate when hungry
Only four sugar laden snacks – three apple flips from Bruce’s and a lemon bar.
No sugared drinks.
Lost ten pounds.


Below the 49th

Except for school and the post office, rarely leave the house.
Walks are between the train station and the WGAS.
It took a week to finish the last two frames the last roll – one was of the cat.
Speak to no-one as there is no one about.
Eat whenever...
Sugar laden snacks follows caffeine in amount of intake.
Have gained back the ten pounds.
Tea has still replaced soft drinks so far.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame latitude, blame expectation. In France I walked probably 4 miles a day, ate wonderfully, read rapaciously and omnivorously, and was learning a different language of necessity. Back in Cali I gained probably 15-20 lbs, watched television, did little reading, and idly watched as my French and Spanish rusted. In RVA it ain't much different, sad to say. Peut-être je dois partir pour Montreal.

Anonymous said...

Not that you're blaming latitude anyway. Routine: culture: expectation. Bleh.

rc-d said...

i am wondering why i cannot translate my life in the true north (and a bit east) down here. well, i know why

Anonymous said...

Oh, are you having trouble negotiating there and here? Funny how we were talking about that, I don't remember you being terribly sympathetic at the time. . .you can't recreate what does not exist here, you can't help but live pretty much (with some personal exceptions) like everyone else. It is depressing and frustrating. If you find an answer let me know. All I can find is a way out.

rc-d said...

no trouble really, not even a surprise except maybe the rapicity, i guess that i was stating the obvious. do you think sleeping with a book of newfoundland and labrador will help?

in any case touché.

g said...

buy that house.